ogle is all set to refresh its smartphone lineup. The company’s next flagship Android phones are expected to be called the Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P. The search giant has reportedly partnered with LG and Huawei to build the phones. Here’s all about the upcoming Nexus phones — from specs to pricing — courtesy the rumour mill.
* While Nexus 5X is rumored to be a sequel to Nexus 5 phone Google released in 2013, Nexus 6P is speculated to be a follow-up to last year’s Nexus 6.
* According to leaks, both the smartphones will come with fingerprint readers and USB Type C ports.
* The smartphones will run Android Marshmallow (Android M), the latest version of the Android operating system that Google first unveiled in May.
* Screen size: Nexus 5X is rumored to have a 5.2-inch screen, while the Nexus 6P is expected to be much larger at 5.7 inches. Nexus 6P will sport a WQHD or quad-HD (2560x1440p) AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass 4 protection.
* Pricing: Nexus 5X starts at $379 with international pre-orders beginning right away on September 29, according to Android Police. The alleged Huawei Nexus 6P price is expected to be $499, according to a separate report by Android Police.
* Processor: Nexus P will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 version 2.1 processor and 3GB of RAM. Nexus 5X is expected to run on Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor.
* Battery: Nexus P will reportedly have a 3450 mAh battery, while Nexus 5X will sport a relatively smaller 2,700 mAh battery.
* Camera: Nexus P is likely to have a 12.3MP rear camera and 8MP front camera. Nexus 5X too is likely to have 12.3 MP rear camera, but on front it will reportedly have a 5MP camera.
* Colours: Nexus 5X is expected to comes in Carbon, Quartz and Ice Blue colour options. While Nexus P is expected in Aluminium, Graphite, Frost and Gold colours with Gold version only limited to the Japanese market.